About the Author's
M.M. AgarwalBachelor of Science & Bachelor of Engineering - First Division & First Position in University. Masters of Business Administration (MBA) Part I and Part II.(First Division.)
-- Fellow of Institution of Enginners(FIE)
-- Fellow of Permanent Way Engineering(FIPWE)
-- Fellow of Institution of Railway Transportation(FIRT)
-- Former Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia(MEIZ)
-- Former Member of British Institution of Management(MBIM)
-- Fellow of Indian Council of Arbitration(FICA)
-- Fellow of Institution of Valuers(FIV)
- 33 years in Railway Service as an engineer including one year in Germany & 5 years in Zambia; Retired as Chief Engineer, Indian Railways.
- Director Indian Railway Housing Organisation(IRWO) for 4 years for construction of houses for Railwaymen, with a turnover of Rs. 4 million dollars.
- Executive Director, Institution of Permanent Way Engineers(IPWE) for 7 years for enhancing technical knowledge of Railway professionals.
- German Railways for study of ''Modernisation of German Railways".
- Zambia Railways as Senior Engineer for 5 years for construction and maintenence of Way & Works of ZR.
- Project Manager for supervision of construction activities of a World Bank aided Rehabilitation project of National importance costing of over 250 million dollars.
- Indian Railway Track (A Treatise on Railway Track for P. Way Engineers.
- Railway works Engineering & construction project management (A treatise on works & bridge engineering as well as about construction project management (2018 edn.) (for field engineers & Supervisors).
- Indian Railway Safety-Ultimate goal to prevent railway accidents (A pictorial book giving details of various accidents, their causes & remedial measures).
- Rail Path Parichay (A book in simple Hindi for Permanent Way Rail Supervisors.)
- 'Rail Nirman & pul engineering (A book in simple Hindi for Rail Construction & Bridge Engineering.)
- Objective railway engineering (Track, Works & Others) (A special book for field staff giving full details of all civil engineering subjects.)
- Author of about 60 technical articles on professional journals in India & abroad.
National Award (Railway Minister's medal VSM & PRIZE ) for special work done on Track Modernisation.
- President'sAward 'Indira Gandhi RajBhasa Award' for the best original book written in Rajbhasha for professionals.
- Lal Bahadur Shashtri Raj Bhasa Award by Railway Board for best professional book in Raj Bhasa for Railway Engineers.
- * “Vishwa Vidalaya Gaurav Ratna Award” given by Rajasthan Education Minister for the special services given to the society & the Nation.
Bachelor of Science & Civil Engineering(B.Sc. & C.E.) (Hons.) from Indian Institute of technology(IIT) Roorkee
- 34 years in Indian Railways of which 17 years in the Commission of Railway Safety; Retired as Chief Commissioner of Railway Safety.
- Member, Rail Accidents Enquiry Committee (Sikri Committee); Gave evidence to Parliamentary Committee on Railway Safety in 2004.
- Author of about 30 articles on various technical subjects; also author of two literary books